Duration: 1st October – 31st December 2020
Number of books: 35
Hosted by: My Vampire Book Obsession
He was drawn to the edge of things. To the places old mariners knew, and warned, “Beyond here be monsters.”… He stepped into the beyond, and found the monsters hidden deep inside all the reasonable, gentle, laughing people. He went where even they were afraid to go.
October 1st – December 31st
Complete at least five tasks to get the vampire heart
All genres welcome
No minimum page count
One book per task
Mermaid: 5-15 books
Kraken: 16-25 books
Cthulhu: 26-35 books
1. Read a book with zombies
or vampires. – Working Stiff by Rachel Caine 2. Read a book with a goddess/god in the story. – Archangel’s Kiss by Nalini Singh
3. Read a book with green
/gold/blue on the cover. – The Pregnancy Test by Erin McCarthy
4. Read a book with
blood or something red on the cover. – Truth or Beard by Penny Reid (red beard)
5. Read a book with shapeshifters.
6. Read a book set in a cold place
or during winter. – The Cowboy’s Lady by Debbie Macomber
7. Read a book with one person on the cover. – The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton
8. Read a book with a page count over 100 pages. – Killer Cupcakes by Leighann Dobbs
9. Read a book with
a scientist or a character in the medical profession. – Houston, We Have a Problem by Erin McCarthy
10. Read a book with monsters.
11. Read a book part of a series that has been made into a
comic book/TV show /movie/game. – Death in Daylesford by Kerry Greenwood
12. Read a book with demons or an evil character.
13. Read a book tagged ‘paranormal’.
14. Read a book tagged
‘mystery’ or ‘horror’. – Dracula by Bram Stoker
15. Read a book with an immortal being.
16. Read a book with a male main character/author/narrator. – Looking for Alaska by John Green
17. Read a book set in a mountainous region or woods. – The Sheriff Takes a Wife by Debbie Macomber
18. Read a book set at sea for a portion of the story. – Moby Dick by Herman Melville
19. Read a book over 300 pages long. – Across the Nightingale Floor by Lian Hearn (384 pp.)
20. Read a book with more than one creepy character.
21. Read a book with a character that has fangs.
22. Read a novella/short story
or listen to an audiobook. – Bad Boys in Black Tie by Lori Foster, Erin McCarthy & Morgan Leigh
23. Read a book with a female main character. – Feels Like Family by Sherryl Woods
24. Read a book with a sexy character. – Bad Boys Online by Erin McCarthy
25. Read a book with a gross cover.
26. Read a book with two people on the cover.
27. Read a book with a female villain.
28. Read a book with a magic user (witch, wizard, elemental, etc.).
29. Read a book tagged “Fantasy”. – Home Improvement edited by Charlaine Harris & Toni L.P. Kelner
30. Read a book with a dark cover.
31. Read a book with a villain who is a magic user.
32. Read a book you’ve been meaning to read for awhile. – Becoming by Michelle Obama
33. Read a book over 500 pages long. – Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi
34. Read a book that doesn’t have a happy ending. – I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
35. Read any book you want! – The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han