Duration: 1st April – 30th June 2020
Number of books: 8
Hosted by: Bookworm Bitches
~Books must be read during the selected time period.
~Post the date you finished the book.
~All books read for challenges can be used for more than one challenge.
~Books can be either Fiction or Non Fiction. Your choice.
1. Escapism – read a book that lightens your mood or pulls you away from the troubles of world (ie. light-hearted read, a fantasy, a reread you really enjoy, etc.) – Stormwalker by Allyson James (urban fantasy awesomeness)
2. Lengthening Days – read a book between 350-500 pages – Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reichs (438 pp.)
3. Budding Growth – read a book with flowers on the cover – Surrender to the Highlander by Lynsay Sands
4. Bluebird Skies – Read a book with a blue cover – Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
5. Turmoil – With the world in turmoil read a book where the world, government or character is undergoing changes/overthrow/struggles – The Help by Kathryn Stockett
6. Melting – Read a book where the climate/season change (i.e. character travels to a new climate, change of season, sudden storms, etc.) – First They Killed my Father by Loung Ung (the seasons change across the story)
7. Social Distancing – substitute real social interaction by reading a book with a large social gathering – Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (the final scene)
8. Freebie – read a book that will genuinely make you very happy – The Highlander’s Promise by Lynsay Sands