Duration: 1st January – 31st December 2020
Number of books: 12
Hosted by: Dancing with Books
This reading challenge is completely focused on reading all those bigger and intimidating books. I don’t know about you guys but I tend to put off reading some bigger books, especially as they look daunting on my shelf. Mass Market Paperbacks are so confronting with those big spines.
The Main Goal
The main goal of this reading challenge is to read 1 big book per month so 12 this year. But of course you can set your own goal.
- Runs from January 1st to December 31st
- Only books started in 2020 count. Sorry guys.
- (E)Book has to be 500 or over pages in your copy.
- Translated books that hit over 500 pages when the original isn’t, still count.
- No rereads. Sorry, this is to knock out those books from your tbr.
- Audiobooks count as long as the print copy is 500 pages or over.
- Collections of stories or a bind-up counts as long as it is over 500 pages.
- No Manga or Manga bind-ups. Sorry.
For those that enjoy bingo cards I created one. Of course this is completely optional! It isn’t necessary to do it to join this yearly challenge. The bingo card has 8 prompts and one freebie. It does depend on the edition one has for if some of these books go over 500 pages or not. If you know of any big books that fit these prompts you are welcome to leave them in the comments.
January – The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (Classics bingo)