Duration: 1st July – 31st July 2021
Number of books: 7
Hosted by: Crazy Challenge Connection
JULY SCAVENGER : INTERNATIONAL FRIENDSHIP DAY
DURATION : July 1 – 31, 2021
July 30 is International Friendship Day, so why not celebrate — and get to know a bit more about — our Goodreads friends?
Go to your Goodreads friends list, then complete the tasks as directed below. It will require sorting in a number of different ways, possibly some ways you never noticed before 🙂
1. Read a book by an author whose first or last initial appears in the name of the friend you most recently added; tell us the friend’s name and post a link to the author’s GR page (Bekele Hall)
2. Read a book whose page total includes at least one number from your number of friends; tell us how many pages and how many GR friends you have (74) – Driftwood Cottage by Sherryl Woods (376 pp.)
3. Click on the letter that your first name begins with (can use your real name or your screen name). Read a book from any shelf of one of the friends on that list; tell us the friend and the shelf on which you found the book (Slavia mafia clan)
NOTE : If you have no GR friends whose names begin with the same letter as yours, go to the next letter in the alphabet; continue as needed.
4. Sort by “last status.” Read a book whose title begins with a letter in the first name on your list (disregard A, An and The in the book title); tell us the friend’s name (John Kerry) – Happy Trail by Daisy Prescott
5. Sort by “date added” and scroll to the last name on the list (will be the first GR friend you added). Read a book originally published in the year you added that friend; tell us the year and the friend (2016)
6. Sort by “books added” and find the friend who has the most books on their shelf (should be the first name on the list). Read a book whose ISBN number contains at least two numbers from their total books; tell us the friend, the number of books on their shelf and your book’s ISBN (54,929) – A Chesapeake Shores Christmas by Sherryl Woods
7. Sort by “number of friends” and use the first name on the list. Read a book whose average GR rating contains at least one number from that person’s number of GR friends; tell us the rating, the friend’s name and their number of friends (5,091) – Promise Canyon by Robyn Carr (4.11 stars)
CHALLENGE RULES :
See this thread for more detailed rules for all CCC challenges.
PLEASE NOTE : When we ask for an item shown prominently on the cover, we should be able to see the item in the thumbnail, without having to click through to the book’s page.
♦ If you want to participate in this challenge, please sign up by posting at least a partial list of the challenge requirements. This gives us a post to link you to, which you can use to update your books as the challenge progresses.
♦ Unless otherwise noted, books must be at least 150 pages long. (See the link above for rules regarding graphic novels. Please remember that ONLY graphic novels can be combined.) Books may only be used for one task in this challenge, but cross-challenge posting is encouraged 🙂 Re-reads are allowed, as long as you read the entire book. If you listen to an audiobook, please be sure that the link you post indicates a page count for the book, even if that means linking to an edition different from the one you listened to.
♦ For each book you read, please post a link to the title, and indicate the author and the date you finished reading it. For the tasks that call for a specific author initials or name/s, you must include a link to the author’s name.
If you don’t know how to post a link to the book title or author, see the instructions here: Add a link to the book title and/or author
♦ When you complete the challenge, please copy and paste your entire list as a new message at the end of the challenge thread. If you do this while you still have the Edit window open, it will copy all of your links and formatting. If you don’t repost your list, with appropriate links, your name will not be added to the list of those who have completed the challenge. Please do NOT simply post a link back to your original post.