Duration: 1st April – 30th April 2021
Number of books: 11
Hosted by: My Vampire Book Obsession
Starts: April 1st
Ends: April 30th
How It Works:
Ten books each month is a lot, so there will be 5 different levels. Pick which level you want to do and that’s how many items you will need to check off.
Transitional – 2 books
Fledgling – 4 books
Vampire – 6 books
Master – 8 books
Vampire King or Queen – 10 books
1. April Fool’s Day!
~Read a book with a character that makes you laugh OR
~Read a book tagged humor
First Comes Scandal by Julia Quinn
2. April 2nd is Light It Up Blue for Autism Day and the whole month is Autism Awareness Month.
~Read a book with a blue cover
~Read a book with a character who battles a disability or overcomes an adversity.
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
3. April 4th is Easter this year!
~Read a book with a colorful cover OR
~Read a book with any holiday theme
Oklahoma Christmas Blues by Maggie Shayne
4. April is named for the Greek goddess of love, Aphrodite.
~Read a book with a god or goddess in it O
~ Read a book tagged Mythology.
Archangel’s Consort by Nalini Singh
5. People born in the first part of the month between March 21st and April 19th are said to be born under the sign of Aries the Ram, a Sun sign which is ruled by the planet and the Roman god of War, Mars. Those born from April 20th to May 20th are born under Taurus the Bull, an Earth sign who is ruled by the planet and the Roman goddess of love, Venus.
~Read a book with a battle or war in it OR
~Read with a MPG of Romance
Her Perfect Mate by Paige Tyler
6. The birthstone for April is the diamond: Diamonds are said to bring all kinds of benefits to their owners, supposedly leading the wearer to experience better relationships and an increase in inner strength. They are supposed to bring balance, clarity, and abundance, and it is symbolic of eternal love and the bringer of wealth to six centuries of the diamond trade.
~Read a book with a Jewel on the cover OR
~Read a book with a physically / mentally strong character
Love Hard by Nalini Singh
7. The birth flowers for the month of April are the sweet pea and the daisy: The daisy symbolizes innocence, loyalty, love, and purity; but it also means “I’ll never tell!”. The sweat pea signifies blissful pleasure, and are used to say goodbye.
~Read a book with a flower on the cover
or the name of a flower in the title OR
~Read a book with a second chance romance.
Marry in Scandal by Anne Gracie
8. Adolf Hitler Was Born in April: Adolf Hitler, surely one of the most depraved leaders ever, was born in Austria on April 20th, 1889.
~Read a book with a corrupt leader / government
~Read a book tagged Dystopian
Anna: A Teenager on the Run by Anna Podgajecki
9. Leonardo da Vinci Was Born in April: He was a painter and a scientist. He was a Renaissance genius for his and any other time, capable of turning his hand to anything. And he was born in April.
~Read a book with a character who is an artist
~Read a book with a character who is a scientist / inventor
Punching the Air by Ibi Zoboi & Yusef Salaam
10. William Shakespeare Was Born and Died in April: The Elizabethan playwright William Shakespeare was another April genius, born on April 23, 1564, and died on or about his April birthday at the age of 52 in England in 1616.
~Read a book with a pregnant character OR
~Read a book where a secondary character dies.
Harmony’s Way by Lora Leigh
Bonus: I will be celebrating my 45th birthday in April!
~Read a book with a celebration in it OR
~Read a book published in April OR
~Read a book with a 4 and 5 in the page count OR
~ Give yourself a gift and read any book you want!
Angels’ Flight by Nalini Singh (345 pp.)