When you join our quarterly paranormal kit club you will receive all the instructions needed to create one of the kind kits for all your paranormal needs. The kits will be beautifully packaged and each one will have a different theme. Subscribe now and get ready for your first kit. Of course, if you don’t like a particular theme you can always opt out for that quarter but we think you’ll love these kits and want to create each one!
If you are the type of person who loves the paranormal then join now and your instructions will be delivered straight to you. The kit includes all the supplies needed for that occasion when you happen across a paranormal situation. These kits are the perfect gift for those who either love the paranormal or just can’t seem to avoid it. Imagine your delight when each quarter the kit arrives and you can open your surprise box filled with exciting objects everyone who deals with paranormal needs.
Each quarter you will earn a new vampire heart when you complete your kit! So don’t delay and join now!
How to Play
Complete at least one task per item to collect it for your kit
January 1st – March 31st
All genres welcome
No minimum page count
You must read a different book for each task
We are taking to the oceans, seas, lakes, and rivers to hunt down the water creatures. These creatures include things like mermaids/mermen, sea dragons, grindylow, kelpie, hippocampus, selkie, hydra, water sprites, siren, kraken, leviathan, nymph, sea serpent and the Lock Ness Monster. These creatures are all unique but we have certain tools that we will use to hunt these creatures.
1. The first thing is you are going to need a boat and remember get the right size so you aren’t saying “I think we are going to need a bigger boat.”
Read a book with a character who sails on a boat
or with a boat on the cover.
The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband by Julia Quinn
2. You will also need some live bait to lure these creatures.
Read a book where someone or something is used as bait to catch something/someone – Beautiful Beast by E.J. Hill
3. Having bait is important but you will also need some chum buckets
Read a book with all the letters of CHUM in the title
4. When you find that creature you will need a weapon to fight with that works well in water so try a spear fishing gun
Read a book with a gun or a spear on the cover
5. You can also try using a harpoon
Read a book whose author initial can be found in Harpoon
6. In order to fight water creatures you are going to have to be willing to go into the water
Read a book with a body of water on the cover
7. Some of these creatures live in coder climates so the water is freezing. You will need either a wet or a dry suit
Read a book with a suit on the cover
8. You are going to need to be able to see so you can sneak up on these monsters so have a good dive mask.
Read a book with a mask on the cover
9. You need to be able to swim quickly to catch some of these creatures and fins will help you with that
Read a book with feet on the cover
10. A lot of these creatures can breathe under water but unfortunately we can’t so you will need a scuba tank
Read a book where a character breathes under water
11. Of course you also need a regulator to make the tank work for you
Read a book whose title starts with the letter “R”
Rolling with the Punchlines by Urzila Carlson
12. You are going to need to keep track of how deep you are diving and be prepared to go to the depths of the body of water you are hunting in. Have a good depth gauge.
Read a book that you consider deep
13. You won’t always be deep – at times you’ll be skimming along the top looking for clues to the monster habitats. A snorkel will make that much easier.
Read a book where you have an urge to skim certain parts of the book
14. There are a lot of dangerous things in the water so protect yourself by wearing dive gloves
Read a book with gloves on the cover
15. In order to catch or see your prey it helps to have some underwater lights as well
Read a book with lights on the cover
16. Of course you should never dive alone so make sure you have a partner to help you hunt these creatures
Read a romance
Kiss of Heat by Lora Leigh
17. You’ll need to communicate with your partner under water so take along some Tank Bangers (yes that’s a thing)
Read a book where the MC suffers from miscommunication with someone
Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
18. Another great way to communicate is with Writing Slates
Read a book where the MC writes for a living
19. Sometimes you can get in a bit of trouble and it’s important to have a good dive knife to help you get out of it.
Read a book where the MC carries a knife
20. You’ll want to prove that these creatures actually exist so carry an underwater camera with you
Read a book where a character takes a picture
21. Of course you will want to keep track of all the information you get while searching for these creatures so keep a good dive log book for your research
Read a book where a character does research on something or a character who keeps a journal
22. If you have the money and resources a good dive computer is a great tool to have as well.
Read a book where a character works with computers
23. Hunting underwater creatures isn’t for the faint of heart and it requires some money as well but this kit will supply all of the items above except the boat, the dive computer and of course your partner.
Read a book with a wealthy MC
24. Pick the type of water creature you wish to hunt
Read a book with a mermaids/mermen, sea dragons, grindylow, kelpie, hippocampus, selkie, hydra, water sprites, siren, kraken, leviathan, nymph, sea serpent or the Lock Ness Monster in it
25. Best of luck and happy hunting
Read a book with a different type of water creature then the one you read about in #24.