Duration: 1st May – 31st May
Number of books: 10
Hosted by:My Vampire Book Obsession
Starts: May 1
Ends: May 31
How It Works
Ten books each month is a lot, so there will be 5 different levels. So pick which level you want to do and that’s how many items you will need to check off.
Transitional – 2 books
Fledgling – 4 books
Vampire – 6 books
Master – 8 books
Vampire King or Queen – 10 books
1. The birthstone for May is the emerald which represents success or love. Read a book that represents one of these in the story or both. – The Radium Girls by Kate Moore
2. The zodiac sign for May are Taurus (April 20 – May 20) and Gemini (May 21 – June 20) Read a book where a character has horns (described in the story or on the cover) or has multiple
personalities identities – Magnus Chase and the Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan (Alex)
3.May 5 – Cinco De Mayo, read a book that is
red, green, or white. – I Am Heathcliff curated by Kate Mosse
4. On May 14, 1804, Lewis and Clark, the great explorers began their trip up the Missouri River. Read a book where there is an great adventure
or someone travels. – Bit the Jackpot by Erin McCarthy
5.On May 1, 1931, the Empire State Building was officially opened. Read a book set in New York city.
6. May the Forth be with you! It’s Star Wars day! Read a book that is set in outer space or has stars on the cover.
7.May 3rd is National Paranormal Day!! Did anyone know this was a national holiday? Celebrate and read any paranormal book you would like! – Unbound by Kim Harrison, Melissa Marr, Jeaniene Frost, Vicki Pettersson & Jocelynn Drake
8. Read a book where the authors initials are found in M A Y.
9. May 28th is Memorial Day. Read a book with a cemetery on the cover
or a book where the MC is or has been in the military. – Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost
10. The month May was named for Maia, the Greek goddess of fertility. Read a book that features Greek mythology or where a character is pregnant.
Bonus Read: Apparently all of these foods are celebrated in the month of May read a book where a character indulges in one of these foods or this food item is on the cover. – Laughing All the Way to the Mosque by Zarqa Nawaz (BBQ story and indulgence in food)
Chocolate Custard (any type of chocolate)
Loaded Potato (any type of potato)