Duration: 1st May – 31st May 2020
Number of books: 11
Hosted by: My Vampire Book Obsession
Starts: May 1
Ends: May 31
Ten books each month is a lot, so there will be 5 different levels. So pick which level you want to do and that’s how many items you will need to check off.
Transitional – 2 books
Fledgling – 4 books
Vampire – 6 books
Master – 8 books
Vampire King or Queen – 10 books
Each month we will have a “check list” of 10 items. To check something off, all you have to do is read a book that applies to that item. So if the item is “read a book with vampires” – then once you’ve read a book with vampires, you can check it off.
1. May starts with M: Read a book with a word in the title or the author’s name beginning with M. – The Mammoth Book of Dark Magic edited by Mike Ashley
2. May is: (choose one)
torcycle Safety Month: Read a book with a motorcycle on the cover.
*Mother’s Day is May 13. Read a book featuring mothers and children. – Billy Thunder and the Night Gate by Isobelle Carmody
*May 6-12 is National Wildflower Week. Read a book with flowers on the cover. *May 6 is World Laughter Day. Read something that makes you laugh.
3. May is National Inventors Month. Read a book in the Steampunk Genre. – The Last Necromancer by C.J. Archer
4. May is National Military Appreciation Month. Read a book featuring a soldier or a veteran. – Whispering Rock by Robyn Carr
5. May is Creative Beginnings Month. Start a new-to-you series. – Naked Dragon by Annette Blair
6. Vampires: Read a book featuring vampires! – Mercy Blade by Faith Hunter
7. May 3 is Paranormal Day. Read a book featuring your favorite paranormal creature. – Trick of the Light by Rob Thurman (Trickster)
8. May is Personal History Month. Read a book told in the first person. – Reaching One Thousand by Rachel Robertson
9. May 25 is Cookie Monster’s birthday! Read a book featuring a friendly monster, beast, or shifter. – Sirens and Other Daemon Lovers edited by Ellen Datlow & Terri Windling (they’re all VERY friendly)
10. Location: (choose one)
*May 12 is National Train Day. Read a book that takes place, at least in part, on board a train. Or that has a train on the cover.
*May 8 is National Teacher Day. Read a book that takes place, at least in part, at school.
*National Hospital Week takes place May 14-19. Read a book which takes place, at least in part, in a hospital.
If you’ve completed the challenge and still want more:
BONUS BOOK! May is Get Caught Reading Month. In honor of the occasion, read an 11th book, any category!