Duration: 1st January – 31st January 2020
Number of books: 11
Hosted by: My Vampire Book Obsession
How It Works:
Ten books each month is a lot, so there will be 5 different levels. So pick which level you want to do and that’s how many items you will need to check off.
Transitional – 2 books
Fledgling – 4 books
Vampire – 6 books
Master – 8 books
Vampire King or Queen – 10 books
1. The New Year is a time for New Years Resolutions
Read a new to you author
or a new series by a favorite author – The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
2. The official flowers of January are Carnation or Teardrop
Read a book with a Florist or a Flower Shop – The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang (how Michael wins Stella back)
3. New Year/New You
Read the first book of a series – If Ever I Should Love You by Cathy Maxwell
4. January is named after the Roman god of doors
Read a book with a door on the cover – Dead Girls are Easy by Terri Garey
5. The New Year brings Twelfth Night, the official end of the Christmas Season
Read a book with a Christmas celebration – Hot for the Holidays by Lora Leigh, Angela Knight, Anya Bast & Allyson James
6. January 3, Earth will be at the point in its orbit where it is closest to the Sun
Read a book where something burns – The Man Within by Lora Leigh
7. It’s a New Year so Out with the old, in with the new
Read a book with the last letter of the author’s last name is in New Years Resolution – Wolf Rain by Nalini Singh
8. January folklore says, A good January brings us a good year.
Read a book someone told you was good – Foundling by D.M. Cornish
9. Hot Buttered Rum Day (Jan 17)
Read a book where a secondary character has a drink or serves a drink – The Viscount Who Loved Me by Julia Quinn
10. Martin Luther King birthday 1964 Nobel Peace Prize activist for non-violent social change,assassinated in 1968.
Read a book with page numbers 9 & 6 in any order
I’ve still got a hangover!
Read a book with less than 150pgs – Knight of My Dreams by Lynsay Sands