Author: Geoff Ryman
In: Alien Sex (Ellen Datlow)
Rating Out of 5: 4 (Really good read!)
My Bookshelves: Aliens, Erotica, Science fiction
Dates read: 30th November 2019
Format: Short story
5th sentence, 74th page: Lying on his back, he could see the stars.
An incredibly sexual short story filled with intense innuendos and aliens.
I felt so very, very confused while I was reading this. So I figured that it might be a good idea to just share with you the dot points that I wrote as I was reading this. I’m not even sure I can make sense of what I was writing… I’m not sure I made sense of what I was reading… but it was fun regardless!
- Not sure if this is about sex or birth. Seems gross either way.
- SHE is giving birth to hummingbirds. And there was something about doves.
- HE is now pregnant (???)
- Basically, this story is fucked and I’m only on page 2.
- Every single sentence in this is super, super, intensely sexual. Like wow.
- The sexuality is ACTUALLY making me uncomfortable.
- The child is being rode (or is it ridden?)
- Alright, I’m THINKING that this short story is about immortality that we achieve in the next generation. I’m gonna think of it like that… this was WAY too weird.