Duration: 1st September – 30th September 2019
Number of books: 7
Hosted by:Crazy Challenge Connection
A number of historical events, both good and bad, small and large, have occurred in the month of September over the years, with just a few of them listed here. Choose 7 of these events and complete the related tasks. You MUST CHOOSE your tasks when signing up.
1. Mary Had a Little Lamb was first published on September 1, 1830.
Read a book with a primarily white cover (show us the cover). – The Scot, the Witch and the Wardrobe by Annette Blair
2. Germany invades Poland, starting World War II, on 9/2/39.
Read a book set during World War II.
3. George Eastman received a patent for roll film and trademarked the name Kodak on September 4, 1888.
Read a book whose title starts with a letter in KODAK (disregard A, An, The).
4. Also on 9/4, ten-year old Barney Flaherty became the first newspaper carrier in 1833.
Read a book that is 10th in a series (tell us the series).
5. On September 5, 1698, Russian Czar Peter the Great imposed a tax on beards.
Read a book with a bearded man on the cover (show us the cover).
6. Cal Ripken Jr. broke Lou Gehrig’s baseball iron man record by playing in his 2,131st game on 9/6/95.
Read a book with “21” or “31” intact in the total page count (tell us how many pages).
7. September 7, 1921: the first Miss America beauty pageant was held in Atlantic City, NJ.
Read a book with a lone woman on the cover (show us the cover). – My Favorite Witch by Annette Blair
8. Star Trek premiered on television on 9/8/66.
Read a book with PARANORMAL
or SCIENCE FICTION on the main genre page. – No Rest for the Witches by MaryJanice Davidson, Lori Handeland, Cheyenne McCray & Christine Warren
9. 9/11/01: Islamic Al-Qaeda militants flew planes into NYC’s twin World Trade Towers and the Pentagon.
Read a book with a man-made disaster as part of the plot (briefly tell us what, using spoiler tags if necessary).
10. September 12, 1953 was the day future President John F. Kennedy married Jacqueline Bouvier.
Read a book that includes a wedding.
11. Francis Scott-Key composed the lyrics to The Star Spangled Banner on September 14, 1814.
Read a book in which music plays an important part.
12. In sports, Billie Jean King defeats Bobby Riggs in a battle of the sexes tennis match, 9/20/73.
Read a book with some sort of competition (briefly tell us what).