Duration: 1st January – 31st January
Number of books: 11
Hosted by:My Vampire Book Obsession
Starts: January 1st
Ends: January 31st
How It Works:
Ten books each month is a lot, so there will be 5 different levels. So pick which level you want to do and that’s how many items you will need to check off.
Transitional – 2 books
Fledgling – 4 books
Vampire – 6 books
Master – 8 books
Vampire King or Queen – 10 books
1. Read a book with a title,
series name, or author that begins with any letter in JANUARY. – Journeys to the Other Side of the World by David Attenborough
2. Top New Years Resolutions: #1 – Exercise More.
Read a book with an athletic MC OR read a book that has an athletic body on the cover.
3. Top New Years Resolutions: #2 – Lose Weight.
Read a book that was on your TBR before 1/1/2019 and is 300 or more pages (according to GR). – Wild Fire by Christine Feehan
4. Top New Years Resolutions: #3 – Get Organized.
Read a book that has an MC that is uber organized and gets things done
OR read a book that you have shelved on a GR shelf other than your “Want To Read” shelf or a book found on a listopia shelf . – A Date With the Other Side by Erin McCarthy
5. Top New Years Resolutions: #4 – Learn a new skill or hobby
Read a book in a genre you don’t normally read OR read a book with an MC with a skill or hobby that you would like to try (don’t get too hung up on hobby – it can be sky diving, flying, race car driving, marathons, kick boxing, as well as knitting or stamp collecting or cooking or …..:-) ) – When Demons Walk by Patricia Briggs (knife throwing)
6. Top New Years Resolutions: #5 – Live life to the fullest.
Read a book that is last in a series (or brings you up to date on a series) OR read a book where the MC goes on a great adventure.
7. Top New Years Resolutions: #6 – Save more money / spend less money.
Read a book with an MC that has little/is working hard to get by or get ahead OR an ebook/audiobook that is a freebie or a book you got from the library
8. The Top New Years Resolutions: #7 – Quit smoking.
Read a book with smoke or fire on the cover OR read a book that has a character with a bad habit/addiction.
9. Top New Years Resolutions: #8 – Spend more time with family and friends.
Read a book that has three or more people on the cover OR read a book where the MC is part of a large “family” (by blood or chosen/made).
10. Top New Years Resolutions: #9 – Travel more.
Read a book where an MC travels OR read a book that has a plane, train, or automobile on the cover.
11. Top New Years Resolutions: #10 – Read more.
Read any book that tickles your fancy!!!– Greylands by Isobelle Carmody