Duration: 1st January – 31st January
Number of books: 4
Hosted by: Crazy Challenge Connection
recipe posted by Suzanne
* Read a book whose title contains at least one word with consecutive double consonants OR a book whose title begins with W, B or P (disregard A, An and The)
Rejected Princesses by Jason Porath
1 package (12 oz) frozen buttermilk waffles
1 package (6 oz) white chocolate for baking
1 package (12 oz) frozen unsweetened raspberries
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
* Read a book with a 5-letter word in the title OR a book with a main character whose first or last name begins with T or F; tell us the character’s name.
The Girl with the Windup Heart by Kady Cross
1 container (16 oz) sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
Whipped topping or ice cream (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut waffles into 1″ squares and coarsely chop white chocolate.
2. Place half of the waffles in a deep dish baker. Sprinkle with half of the white chocolate and half of the raspberries. Repeat.
* Read a book with a repeated significant word in the title OR a book with a cover that is primarily white; post the cover
Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
3. Place baker in microwave oven. Microwave on high 4-5 minutes or until waffles and raspberries are completely thawed.
4. In mixing bowl, combine sugar and flour. Whisk in sour cream, eggs, and vanilla using a whisk until smooth. Pour evenly over top of waffles.
5. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown and set in center. Let stand 10 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve topped with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
* Read a book by an author whose first or last name begins with a letter in POWDERED OR a book with the letters I-C-E in the title, not necessarily in order or in the same word
Wickedly Spirited by Deborah Blake
Yield: 10 Servings
From: The Pampered Chef Spring/Summer 2001 Season’s Best Recipe Collection.