Duration: 1st December – 31st December
Number of books: 4
Hosted by: Crazy Challenge Connection
1 box yellow cake mix
► Read a book with a yellow cover (at least 50%, show us the cover) – or – read a book with a “1” in the number of pages (tell us how many).
The Valley of the Lost by Emily Rodda (120 pages)
6 cups blackberries (4-5 cups if they are large berries)
► Read a book with double consonants in the title – or – the author’s first or last name. (such as blackbe-RR-ies)
Otherworld Secrets by Kelley Armstrong
1-2 tablespoons sugar
1 stick of butter
1 cup of water
Note: The amount of sugar and water needed in this recipe can vary, depending on the berries. Before you start, taste the berries for juicy sweetness. Adjust sugar and water accordingly. Also, it is important to pour the water over the top and shake the pan. You want the berries and water to really settle into the pan!
► Read a book that you liked but that others didn’t (it got bad reviews) – or – read a book with some sort of “cover” on the cover (such as a pot cover or a blanket–use your imagination). Show us the cover.
The Dark Discovery of Jack Dandy by Kady Cross (The cover features a hat, which, in a way, is a head cover)
1. In the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, pour one box of yellow cake mix.
2. Spread blackberries over the top of the cake mix.
3. Sprinkle on 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (depending upon how sweet they are).
► Read a book with a character that you consider sweet – or – read a book whose title starts with a letter in SUGAR (disregard A, An, The).
The Girl in the Clockwork Collar by Kady Cross
4. Pour 1 cup of water over top of the berries and cake mix; shake pan so water settles into the bottom. If berries aren’t very juicy, add a little more water. If they are plump, a little less.
5. Cut a stick of butter into 8 pieces and spread out over the top.
6. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.
Can serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
► Add a recipe to any of the threads in our Recipe Collection and post the link here.
Your recipe just might be chosen as our featured recipe sometime in the future!