Duration: 1st November – 30th November
Number of books: 4
Hosted by: Crazy Challenge Connection
TUSCAN STYLE PORK ROAST
posted by Book Concierge; thank you, Tessa!
2-1/2 lb loin of pork, boneless
3-4 garlic cloves, cut into thin lengthwise slivers
1 Tbspn + 1 tspn olive oil
* Read a book with the letters O-I-L in the title, not necessarily in order or in the same word OR a book whose title begins with O (disregard A, An and The)
1 Tbspn finely chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tspn freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tspn salt
1 cup dry white wine, divided
* Read book #1 from any series; tell us the series OR a book with a color word in the title or author’s name (BLACKwood, BLUEs work)
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Using a sharp paring knife, make small slits in the roast; insert slivers of garlic in slits. In small bowl combine oil, rosemary, pepper, and salt. Rub mixture all over roast.
* Read a book with a 3 or 5 in the total page count; tell us how many pages OR a book with a sharp tool of some sort (knife, spear, axe, etc.) shown prominently on the cover; post the cover
Fate’s Edge by Ilona Andrews
2. Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Pour ½ cup wine into pan; roast, basting occasionally with additional wine and pan juices, until cooked through and browned, about 1 ½ hrs (internal temp 155=160F). Allow roast to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
* Read a book with a beverage of some sort on the cover (must be visible in the GR thumbnail); post the cover OR a book with a character you would call shallow; without giving away spoilers, tell us why
3. Serves 8. Good go-withs: cubed squash with caramelized onions, and Brussels sprouts with caraway seeds.