I call the books that have a shapeshifting / animal emphasis animagus for lack of a better word. These are the books that involve werewolves and shapeshifters, or like The Tales of Redwall, are actually about animals as though they were humans.
- The Leopard People series by Christine Feehan
- Jane Yellowrock series by Faith Hunter
- Ecstasy Under the Moon by Lucy Monroe (Children of the Moon #3.5)
- The Immortals Quartet by Tamora Pierce
- World of the Lupi series by Eileen Wilks
Standalone stories – Short stories