Duration: 1st November – 30th November
Number of books: 11
Hosted by: My Vampire Book Obsession
Nov 1 – Nov 30
How It Works…
Ten books each month is a lot, so there will be 5 different levels. Pick which level you want to do and that’s how many items you will need to check off..
Transitional – 2 books
Fledgling – 4 books
Vampire – 6 books
Master – 8 books
Vampire King or Queen – 10 books
1. November starts with N so read a book where the Title or Author’s name begins with the letter “N”.
2. Choose one….
☤ Birth flower is the chrysanthemum; read a book with flowers on the cover.
☤ November’s birthstones are the topaz (particularly, yellow) which symbolizes friendship; read a book with an awesome secondary character or two people on the cover.
☤ The Western zodiac signs for the month of November are Scorpio; read a book with black cover.
☤ November 18: Amavasya (Hinduism); read a book with a Moon on the cover or the word “Moon” in the title.
☤ National Adoption Month; read a book with children on the cover.
Steel’s Edge by Ilona Andrews
3. Academic Writing Month; read a book by new to you author.
4. National Impaired Driving Prevention Month; read a book with alcohol on the cover.
5. Military Family Month; read a book with character who wear uniforms/badges. FBI, CSI, Navy, Seal etc, etc.
13 by Kelley Armstrong
6. Movember; read a book that features a man with facial hair on the cover!
7. Geography Awareness Week; read a book set in a place you would like to visit. Europe, Romania, Australia…….etc etc
The Queen’s Witch by Karen Chance (set in England)
8. Heir to the Throne’s Birthday; read a book with a crown on the cover or the word “crown” in the title.
9. Thanksgiving (United States); read a book where family is important to the MC, or a book with Orange cover.
Fate’s Edge by Ilona Andrews
10. El Buen Fin (Mexico); read a book with a Spanish MC or a character has a Spanish name or set in Spain/Mexico or Colombia
BONUS BOOK:Read a book from a series that you love for Thanksgiving. Use this book, if you can’t find a book for any of the tasks listed above. Happy Gobble Gobble Day!
Dread Mountain by Emily Rodda